Monday, August 27, 2007

On Beauty

sometimes you spend a little too much time looking in the mirror and need to get perspective. it's easy to forget or simply miss the distortions all around us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Lew said...

The Faith Hill thing is quite startling and has had a LOT of press. I've always thought that she is stunning - with or without the "industry standard" retouching. I'm sure that most people are like me in "knowing" that retouching is substantial but usually thinking of it as relatively minor (removing zits and wrinkle).

The Dove thing is a nice chnage but it isn't quite as commendable as they might have you think. They are still selling soap. The "real" models in their campaign may be old, grey, fat, flat, whatever... but none that I have seen has bad skin, except the woman in this video, whose skin isn't really so bad.

8/27/2007 8:13 p.m.  
Blogger Kern said...

I remember years ago (like it might have been on the "Arsenio Hall" show) an actress who hadn't done a lot of sexy photoshoots did one, and when they displayed some of the pictures on the show she shook her head and said something to the effect of "to those woman out there who are wishing you looked like that, don't worry; I don't like like that either".

8/30/2007 1:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home