Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Moving!

i'm moving at the end of the month from moabit to friedrichshain to a new apartment with a balcony, bathtub and oven. my apartment for the last three years is lovely and i spent a lot of time looking for a new one that had the extras i was looking for and matched the good feeling i had when i first found this apartment. these are the pictures of my apartment i took with my cellphone camera to use in an ad for a new tenant.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen Lew said...

nice!

8/08/2007 12:53 a.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

Those are pretty good pictures for a cell phone camera! (maybe I'm just way behind the times?)

Why do you have to find a tenant? Do you have a lease that isn't up yet? Is there no idea of month-to-month after a while in Germany?

8/08/2007 3:02 a.m.  
Blogger Kern said...

Those are really nice pictures.
Cellphone cameras are pretty good with still subjects in good light.

I don't know why, but it's very easy for me to imagine Kristin living in that apartment. :)

8/08/2007 3:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks a lot like a Danish apartment - real hardwood floors, radiators, high ceilings, big windows, no curtains.. I like it. :)

8/08/2007 2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

The pictures of the front hallway taht include the vertical blind could lead someone to believe there is a nice window there! Good job!

8/09/2007 2:56 p.m.  
Blogger kristin said...

thanks for all the nice comments!

i recently renewed my cellphone contracts and got a new phone in the deal. i deliberately picked out one that had a not-bad camera.

kevin:
why did i have to find a tenant? there are variations on leases but in general they are perpetual and you have to give 3 months notice. if you want to move out earlier you can try to find (with landlord approval) a tenant to take over your lease. so I wanted to move out 1 month early.

kern:
i'm glad it's easy for you to imagine me living there. recently someone indicated that my apartment "fit" me, but they had just seen it when it was very untidy - i didn't take that as much as a compliment.

anonymous:
maybe it's a northern europe thing? the hardwoood floors, high ceilings are big windows are really great.

kevin:
hm, pretty sure those are horizontal (venetian) blinds. i'll dispel the illusion by saying that it's actually hiding the gas and electricity meters and my dsl modem and router.

8/09/2007 4:29 p.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

Woops... I did mean horizontal!

And I did know that it wasn't a window (I remember, I've seen it!), but I meant it was a good job tricking potential renters!

8/09/2007 10:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home