Me, Me, Meme
dietrich has thrown me a stöckchen - has tagged me to write 8 random facts about myself.
heard about blog memes? this seems to be similar to the "5 things about me" blog meme.
it's impossible to write 8 random things about one's self. and i found it surprisingly hard to come up with 8 things.
i won't even claim these to be pseudo-random.
1. i sleep with a teddy bear named dandylion. dandylion was not named by me - i refer to him simply as 'the bear'. the bear replaced myrtle the bunny rabbit. always referred to as 'myrtle the bunny rabbit.' i only started sleeping with a stuffed animal when i left for university. the bear does not travel.
2. i dislike the colour yellow.
3. sweet iced tea and kirschschorle (cherry nectar and fizzy water) are two of my favourite drinks.
4. my middle name is adri. it is a made-up abbreviation of my paternal grandmother's name adriaantje. surprise, she was dutch.
5. i am very messy when i brush my teeth. despite having tried to train myself out of this habit, i continue to have an excess of foam and almost always splatter the mirror.
6. my earliest memory is sitting in a car on my way to my aunt and uncle's for halloween. i was looking at the orange socks that belonged to the tweety bird costume i was wearing that mom made for me. the socks were pulled over my shoes and went up to my knees. i was 2 1/2.
7. i don't have a favourite book, film, food, colour, band, artist, etc. definitely though, i have preferences and opinions. there probably are favourites but it's so dependent on so many variables.
8. i would love to be able to kick like this.
there are quite a few people i could tag or throw the stick to (at?). karen?
heard about blog memes? this seems to be similar to the "5 things about me" blog meme.
it's impossible to write 8 random things about one's self. and i found it surprisingly hard to come up with 8 things.
i won't even claim these to be pseudo-random.
1. i sleep with a teddy bear named dandylion. dandylion was not named by me - i refer to him simply as 'the bear'. the bear replaced myrtle the bunny rabbit. always referred to as 'myrtle the bunny rabbit.' i only started sleeping with a stuffed animal when i left for university. the bear does not travel.
2. i dislike the colour yellow.
3. sweet iced tea and kirschschorle (cherry nectar and fizzy water) are two of my favourite drinks.
4. my middle name is adri. it is a made-up abbreviation of my paternal grandmother's name adriaantje. surprise, she was dutch.
5. i am very messy when i brush my teeth. despite having tried to train myself out of this habit, i continue to have an excess of foam and almost always splatter the mirror.
6. my earliest memory is sitting in a car on my way to my aunt and uncle's for halloween. i was looking at the orange socks that belonged to the tweety bird costume i was wearing that mom made for me. the socks were pulled over my shoes and went up to my knees. i was 2 1/2.
7. i don't have a favourite book, film, food, colour, band, artist, etc. definitely though, i have preferences and opinions. there probably are favourites but it's so dependent on so many variables.
8. i would love to be able to kick like this.
there are quite a few people i could tag or throw the stick to (at?). karen?
4 Comments:
okay but I'm not putting a lot of thought into it
Why bother then?
To me it's kinda like food presentation. I could put time into make a tower of food but that wouldn't make it any better.
Or since it's supposed to be "random", it would be more like arranging the leaves in a salad. Why?
1. I still disagree that Moira is a MUCH nicer name than Myrtle. a little nicer but they're in the same bucket for me.
2. I didn't know that.
3. I have hardly drunk any iced tea since living with you. I have nothing against it but don't enjoy it enough to buy it for myself.
4. a cool middle name, indeed.
5. I believe I once changed Kern's toothbrushing habits. He thought it was funny that I said that I always squeeze the toothpaste into the bristles rather than leaving it on top. I think he thought the always part was funny. I claim it gives better toothpaste distribution control. Others in the conversation thought that this was unnecessary. I think he tried it and was won over.
6. ah homemade Hallowe'en costumes are the best. I never had a single store-bought one. Many were more assembled than made, though. one of my favourites was Cleopatra. My brother was dressed as a mummy that year. I wonder if I'll make costumes for Adam. I should leave that up to Dion.
7. It would seem though that you have least favourites, i.e., yellow.
8. I haven't followed the link. I dunno why.
If my above comments seem contrary and negative, please forgive me. I'm in a foul mood.
Post a Comment
<< Home