Yeah, mooses have these big noses, eh. But an elk and an 'Elch' apparently are two different things, if you google-picture them, eh. Is your patronus a moose? (nae tae be confused wi' a moose) xxxc
Kern, I think it is technically correct to refer to moose as "a big strong deer", as they are in the family Cervidae... but I'm not really positive how naming works.
7 Comments:
I looked it up in a bilingual dictionary. I was quite dissatisfied with "North American elk."
yes, i thought north american elk was a good description too.
Yeah, mooses have these big noses, eh. But an elk and an 'Elch' apparently are two different things, if you google-picture them, eh.
Is your patronus a moose?
(nae tae be confused wi' a moose)
xxxc
that is interesting, c. it makes me wonder why it's always so hard to describe what a moose actually is.
and i'm not sure what my patronus is, haven't mastered the spell.
anyway, this is the canadian dog judges association:
http://www.dogjudge.com/
I always describe a moose as "something like a deer, only bigger and stronger".
Probably not zoologically correct, but it gets the idea across.
Kern, I think it is technically correct to refer to moose as "a big strong deer", as they are in the family Cervidae... but I'm not really positive how naming works.
Post a Comment
<< Home