Thursday, March 29, 2007

Darth Vader, Darth Vader, Let Down Your Hair

the witch from rapunzel may have been the bogeyman under my bed but darth vader is the bogeyman in my dreams. darth vader often features as the bad guy in my nightmares. sometimes he doesn't wear the classic black suit but it's still him. he doesn't look like hayden christensen either, because then that wouldn't be a nightmare.

last night darth vader made an appearance. we turned him from the dark side only to find out shortly thereafter that he wasn't actually good - he was only pretending! oh, and he looked like an invisible george lucas.

this was followed by falling off saturn's rings into deep space where i was instantly frozen. repeatedly.

the witch from rapunzel moved in under my bed after the fairy tale was read to me around the age of six or so. she never showed up in my dreams but i had a hard time sticking my feet under the side of my bed when it was dark. my father maintains that up until the time i left home i jumped from my door into my bed if i got up in the middle of the night .

what form does your bogeyman take?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I don't think that I have a boogeyman. It's not that I not afraid of anything, it's just that I can't think of anything that has repeatedly personified things evil or bad.

I don't often remember my dreams past the split second I wake up, so maybe there is some consistent villain in my dreams, of whom I'm simply blissfully unaware. Maybe there was when I was a kid, but I've just forgotten it now... perhaps I'll have to research and ask my parents.

3/29/2007 7:33 p.m.  
Blogger Karen Lew said...

hard drugs.

3/29/2007 8:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had a boogeyman. Instead, I had the Voltron lions protecting me every night. Maybe Voltron was keeping the boogeyman away....

3/30/2007 4:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darth Vader is bad enough, but Darth Vader LETTING DOWN HIS HAIR... omg, that is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Bogeythings in my childhood were our vacuum cleaner, a normal household sponge, and a long blue lego-piece. I was not afraid of these things when awake, they were only predatory evil malevolent nasties in the dreams. The sponge and the lego piece were also larger than life. They had names, which I will not repeat, anonymous as I am.

T.M.Scribble

3/31/2007 1:03 a.m.  
Blogger Kern said...

The question needs to be asked; what does an invisible George Lucas look like?

The Voltron lions kicked so much butt.

4/03/2007 5:35 p.m.  
Blogger kristin said...

is it just me or were the riders of the voltron lions later reincarnated as the power rangers?

kern - an invisible george lucas looks like george lucas in that watery invisibility effect they use in movies and on tv where you see a translucent blurred outline of the person. invisibility is implied.

4/03/2007 6:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home