Sunday, November 12, 2006

Please Unbuckle Your Seatbelts

after i boarded the plane today the lights flickered and the power went off and the emergency lights went on. then the power came back on. and then it happened again. they hadn't shut the doors yet and there was more personnel than normal at the front of the plane and the door to the cockpit was open. then they announced that we should all unbuckle our seatbelts and shut off all electronic equipment as they were still refuelling. the flight attendants came around and made sure we had followed instructions. none of this was very reassuring. i'm not really a nervous flyer but i was a little nervous. needless to say, they finished refuelling and everything else proceeded as normal. the flight was short and we landed safely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kern said...

I'm an ecstatic flyer and I'd find that unsettling.

Or maybe not; I might be sufficiently perplexed at the novelty of being ordered to UN-buckle my seatbelt that I forgot to be worried.

That's just bizarre.

When I first glanced through this entry, I didn't realize that it happened while you were still on the ground; for the life of me I couldn't figure out what kind of emergency would prompt such an announcement inflight. :)

11/13/2006 1:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home