Wednesday, November 29, 2006

INTJ

remember myers-briggs tests? yesterday's post reminded me of how introverted i am. i do the type test every once in a while to amuse myself and see if anything's changed. my slight j flips over into a p sometimes and i'm only just barely t but the introversion always remains really high even when i think i'm answering the questions differently. someone once asked me, gloria i think, how i ever made it out of the house. it was funny but being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean being shy or a misanthrope. i don't think these classifications and tests are necessarily a good thing. mostly i like being reassured that introversion is ok, it's normal.

"i save my desperate sobbing jags for the shower, as most of us introverted souls do, worried as we are that we are already tedious enough company." i read this on another blog i stumbled upon. it made me laugh because i recognized the sentiment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's rather funny being an intj, since we tend to find others who are the same. i surveryed my friends once i high school and my five closest were intj/p.

11/30/2006 4:50 a.m.  
Blogger Kern said...

I'm pretty strongly introverted too. For me, being introverted means that I need some time to live inside myself or I go crazy. If I constantly have people around me, and I'm constantly responding to the stimulus they provide, then no matter how good company they are, I will eventually start craving some time to be alone with my own thoughts.

I try to tell people I'm shy and nobody believes me, but I am a bit of that too; a little bit shy, and very introverted.

12/02/2006 6:13 a.m.  
Blogger kristin said...

peter - it's true. given how often they appear in the general population, i know a lot of intj/ps.

kern - i read an affirmation somewhere about being how it's ok to be an introvert "i'm okay, you're ok - in small doses"

12/03/2006 12:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home