Es Zieht!
it's the subtle differences that can make you homesick.
draftophobia - a few summers ago i noticed that indoor breezes were actively discouraged. i thought i was imagining it but discretely asked a few non-german friends if they had noticed it too. they had. with a little digging i found a few articles in expat magazines describing the phenomenon. and the spiegel has confirmed it in its germany survival guide.
it's amusing until you're asked to close a window while you're enjoying a nice cross-breeze on a sweltering day.
draftophobia - a few summers ago i noticed that indoor breezes were actively discouraged. i thought i was imagining it but discretely asked a few non-german friends if they had noticed it too. they had. with a little digging i found a few articles in expat magazines describing the phenomenon. and the spiegel has confirmed it in its germany survival guide.
it's amusing until you're asked to close a window while you're enjoying a nice cross-breeze on a sweltering day.
4 Comments:
come to denmark where the skies are blue and the breeze never stops!
I found a funny spelling mistake on this post that only a computer engineer would make (only because I've read this post over and over again hint-hint).
i should really make some more posts. i don't have internet access at home at the moment and while i have no qualms about reading blogs at work i feel differently abour writing entries.
should i go back and discreetly correct my mistake? it's probably funnier to leave it.
Yeah, I missed it the first time. Moreover, I think I would have spelled it that way had I written the post.
Post a Comment
<< Home