Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kirby

For the first time in my life I have boobs:
Aug. 16th @ 18 weeks

For now we're calling the baby Kirby, a sort of "working title". Saying "The Baby" seemed too abstract.

I've heard that women who are pregnant for the first time often don't show until the fifth month or so. I am obviously showing and haven't fit into any of my pants since sometime in July.

In the last couple of days Kirby has become a little bouncer. Right now it's the most amazing thing I've ever felt. I'm sure I'll feel a little differently when my bladder and ribs start getting kicked and punched.

Now please excuse me, I have to go pee.

5 Comments:

Anonymous moink said...

BOOBS! They suit you.

Z was "the bops" and still is. Once, I went to buy a sling and the mother said to the father "here, can you hold the cheese for a minute" and passed over the baby.

How early you show depends on your body type, I guess. Yours is very different from mine. I didn't show until I was 7 months.

8/26/2012 10:59 AM  
Blogger Karen Lew said...

How weird is it that I really think you look like your brother in this pic?

8/26/2012 1:41 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

@moink Thanks! (re boobs) Yeah, I think showing really must depend on body type. Does make me a little concerned that I'll have a giant baby though.

@karen I think it's the facial expression. I can see it too.

8/26/2012 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Gina said...

I grew like you. By the end of my pregnancies, I was a showstopper. :) I often got comments about giant fetuses or having multiples. But both my (singleton) kids were lightweights.

10/05/2012 4:59 AM  
Blogger kristin said...

I've gotten a comment or two about multiples when people ask how far along I am. Mostly from skinny pregnant women.

I think I'm going to be huge too.

10/07/2012 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home